Please find a curated selection of resources to teach students about refugee/asylum issues – there are a wide range of excellent resources already available and there is no need to recreate the wheel. Consider using these in tutor groups, personal development lessons or elsewhere to raise awareness and build empathy towards those who have been forced to flee.
Suggested Teaching Resources
- The UNHCR – Teaching Materials (A selection of lesson plans, videos, worksheets and other resources to look at key terminology and facts and figures with students).
- The British Red Cross – Teaching Materials (Lesson plans and associated resources on a range of themes around migration and forced displacement).
- The Migration Museum – Teaching Materials (Teaching resources about varied and unique topics related to migration)
- The British Red Cross – Empathy+ Migration Workshops (Book a free workshop to help students develop empathy for migrants’ moving motives and explore the experience of migration)
- The Migration Museum – Visits and Workshops (Visit the Migration Museum in London or book a workshop to look at migration in depth)